The new year always brings a sense of renewal and hope. I’m optimistic that the year of 2014 will be a stellar year for PR and Communication. Why?
Other than the fact that job growth in this sector is projected by the Bureau of Labor Statistics to grow significantly over the next 10 years, personally, I am busy. And that feels good!
- Teaching a Twitter Chats course in the spring to teachers in my school district. More teachers are looking for ways to safely integrate more digital communication tools in to the classroom and I look forward to showing them. Follow me on Twitter to see some of my engagement with teachers.
- Presenting at the Roxbury High School Media Conference in May on how high school students that fully embrace LinkedIn and showcase their talents.
- Speaking at National School Public Relations Association National Seminar in July.
I’ll be presenting a workshop on productivity and efficiency for school PR professionals.
- Starting my doctoral program in education. I’ve worked in healthcare, retail, and nonprofit industries and by far, working in education has been the most rewarding. Alas, I have come to point to where I would like to move from outsider to insider and grow in my knowledge, so that I can contribute and improve how school districts are engaging the communities they serve.
- Attending the National Black MBA Association Conference in Atlanta in September.
- And most importantly, serving the causes and communities I love with pro bono projects, committee work, guest panels and more! Giving back is truly one of the best aspects of where I am in life right now.
What are you looking forward to this year?